Monday, October 8, 2018

Interview with Ms. Purvis, Our Newest Teacher


    The Middle School has recently received a great addition to their staff. A new teacher by the name of Ms. Purvis, or Ms. P for short. I was curious to see how she's adjusting to our school. So, I asked her a couple of questions regarding her thoughts about the school and her experience so far.


Araceli What's your degree in?


Ms. Purvis I graduated from Ohio State. I have a Middle Childhood Education degree. I can teach 4 through 9 in Math and Science, and can teach all subjects 4 through 6. 




Araceli Have you always wanted to teach? If so, why?


Ms. Purvis When I was little I wanted to. Then when I was in High School I liked anatomy, biology, so I wanted to be a Mortician. I took a couple of classes. It creeped me out, so I decided not to. Plus I've always enjoyed school, learning. This way I can impact people. I can help middle school students get through this awkward stage.




Araceli Have you taught at any other schools before?


Ms. Purvis  This is my first year teaching full time. I did my past student teaching at Crest View Middle School.




Araceli  How have you been adjusting to the school?

Ms. Purvis  I have. My team has been very helpful. I'm getting to know the students, and getting in the groove of teaching.




Araceli  What do you think of the staff so far?

Ms. Purvis  The staff is very friendly, welcoming, specifically the 8th grade team has been great. They've been fun.




Araceli  Have you had any significant struggles?

Ms. Purvis  Not a lot of people 
like math. Teaching math is difficult with students since not a lot like it. It's a love-hate relationship.



Araceli  What do you think of the students?


Ms. Purvis  The kids are hardworking. They show they want to learn. I personally like my smaller classes. Especially 3rd period since they laugh at my jokes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment