Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Pioneer Career and Technology Center Visit

The Eighth graders recently took a trip down to Pioneer, a nearby program located in Shelby. This program offers a variety of career options for students interested in studying their interests further. We all went and got to see 28 of the labs in the building. Each one with its own set of skills and requirements.

All the labs were interesting. Especially the ones concerning Architecture and Engineering. A lot of stuff was going in those labs specifically. I was mostly interested in the technological engineering though. I thought the idea of designing programs, and all of that was Intriguing. I wasn't really into the construction labs myself, but I know plenty of others did.

The buildings we visited were both very big, and It seemed as if one of them was even new. One of the buildings had a lot of modern features I thought were pretty cool. The overall design of the building was pretty cool actually. It was filled with glass doors, walls, and so on. The place itself looked very nice.

Overall the trip was a good experience. I think everyone had a good time exploring the campus. Which was a smooth exploration, thanks to the staff there directing us into each lab which was very nice of them. I hope some of us are thinking about enrolling in the program. It seems like a very smart step to take. Plus even if you're not, you still have plenty of time before actually needing to decide. That's plenty of time to change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment