Thursday, February 28, 2019

Mrs. Mahl's Dream Come True

Have you ever wanted to pull a fire alarm without an emergency and face no consequences? Our 8th grade science teacher Mrs. Mahl certainly has. This school year, she finally got the opportunity she wanted. Mrs. Mahl was offered the chance to pull the fire alarm for the recent school fire drill, to which she delightfully accepted. To better understand what the experience was like, I interviewed her. When interviewing her, I wanted to start at the beginning with how she she received this opportunity.

How did you get the opportunity to pull the fire alarm?
Last year I found out that Mr. Gladden got to pull the fire alarm and was excited and jealous that he got have this opportunity. I have always wanted to pull a fire alarm. So luckily I was offered the opportunity. Crossed that one off my bucket list.

How did you feel the moment you found out?
I was so incredibly excited. I had Mrs. Rospert document the event so can put it in my February scrapbook for Garrett’s class.

Next, I wanted to know more about actually pulling the alarm.

What was going through your mind as you pulled the alarm?
I just couldn’t believe one of my biggest dreams was about to come true.

Did the experience live up to your expectations?
Actually only partly. I thought it would be a more instantaneous alarm, but after I pulled it there was a good 5 second delay before the lights and alarms went off.

Is there anything else you would like to add about the experience?
I would say that if you are offered the chance to fulfill a dream, no matter how silly someone thinks it is, take that opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment